To begin the construction of my final piece, I started by taking photographs of flowers as well as taking images of watered down acrylic paint in water. I used a Sigma 105mm macro lens for these pictures so I could get the detail of the shapes. To take the paint images, I used a fish tank of cold water and slightly watered down acrylic paint. I also used a single soft box to light it, which brightened the background of white paper I added and gave more depth to the shapes.
For the flower images, I balanced the stems on a plastic box so I could take images of the petals from the top rather than the side. I used the soft box again and used 3 different flowers so I can have more variety in my final piece.