To edit my images, I used a lot of adjustment layers, mainly curves layers, to highlight certain areas of the photographs. In the exterior shot, I brightened the highlights on the fire engine and darkened the background, ensuring it would stand out. I furthered this through the use of colour balance layers. I used these to ensure the vibrancy of the red and yellow of the fire engine and the details on the uniform.
For the interior shot, I had to use many different editing techniques, including using the clone stamp and using multiple images in a composite to cover the glare caused by the flash on a reflective surface. used the clone stamp to hide a fluorescent light on the ceiling as it was distracting to the image.